prep time: 10 minscook time: 20 minstotal time: 30 mins
This sweet treat pizza will blow you away with how delicious and simple it is to make. There is a magical symphony in the simple ingredients that crash together for your tastebuds.
· 1 Pipi’s Bread Base in original flavour (garlic won’t work here!)
· Ricotta cheese
· 1 pear – I used Packham, but any will do well
· Maple syrup
· Sliced almonds
· Fresh basil leaves (optional – they add a fresh element which breaks up the sweetness of the pear and maple)
1. Turn oven on to 200c.
2. Slice the pear into thin slices.
3. Place baking paper on a baking tray and add pear slices.
4. Brush the pear slices with maple syrup.
5. Place the Pipi’s bread on the same tray and brush just lightly with olive oil or melted butter.
6. Spread the sliced almonds on the same tray and put in the oven for about 6 minutes.
7. Take out the Pipi’s bread once it is looking nicely toasted.
8. Leave in the almonds and the pears until they too look golden and toasty (about a further 4 minutes).
9. Pull it all together - Smear ricotta cheese liberally over the Pipi’s bread base, layer on the pear slices, sprinkle with the almonds, drizzle with more maple syrup and dust with fresh basil leaves if using.
Devour this culinary delight by sharing with family and a glass of wine if your heart so desires. Perfect for an afternoon snack when you want something sweetly filling.