1. Wash beetroot, slice in half and place in a microwave dish with a little water.
2. Microwave for 10 mintues, checking and turning halfway through.
3. Let cool, then peel off the tough skin.
4. Place the cooked beetroot, chickpeas, lemon juice and feta in a blender or bowl if using a hand mixer. Add 1/4c olive oil and mix.
5. Slowly add more oil until your desired consistency is reached.
6. Give it a taste and add salt if you need to (the feta will make it salty, so you may not need extra).
7. Spoon out into a serving bowl.
8. Tear up the basil and sprinkle on top.